Friday, February 27, 2009

life is like..

First things first. I got accepted into Pratt Institute in Brooklyn!
If you don't know, now you know. Pratt is my first choice for graduate school studying Dance Therapy. I'm really thankful to God, because honestly if I wasn't going here, I wasn't sure I wanted to do grad school.. but, here I am, there I go. Watch me move.

Despite some real moments of panic and self doubt, I really am enjoying life right now:

Dancing? Check.
Compliments on my dancing from important people? Check.
Learning and doing well in classes? Check.
Good friends? Check.

Things are even up with my dance company right now, and if you know me this is a pretty big deal. Our new kids are amazing and crazy positive which is something we really need. I had more fun teaching last rehearsal than I've ever had, we just vibed and chilled and did good work. Leaving my babies in May will be hard, but I will be backing them just as hard as ever from BK. People say a lot of things, and do exponentially less: but at the end of the day I'm so proud of who we are.

I've been choreographing and dancing and doing work and even going out more. I have newly committed myself to going on in Baltimore.. people dance so.much.more. there. I need to go and wild out on the dance floor in my sneakers.

So things are good. I'm going to go enjoy the day!

No comments: